24-Hour Shopping in Rapture

*Back to back. Sacroiliac. Spineless movement and a wild attack. Face to face, sadly solitude. And it's finger popping. Twenty-four hour shopping in Rapture*

Saturday, September 09, 2006

the executive timekiller

September 11 is nearing again in 2 days. 5 years. that was 5 years ago when i was in melbourne livin' with the pro-americans. I vividly remember that day like it was just yesterday. I was up 24 hours, glued to CNN. I didnt even go to classes the next day -i'm sorry sir, i'm traumatised by what happened last night in new york. u know i have friends in new york. i'm worried about them now. i'll be back in class next week. hope that everything's ok by then. -You know I did the same for the first bali bombing, the spanish trains attack and even when Singapore was hit with Sars.

Also, there's something really wrong with me. When there's a tragedy, I wont get excited until the death toll hits at least a thousand.

Anyways, Brad Pitt is so hot. Sighs..... I swear when I look at Dannie at a certain angle, he looks EXACTLY like Brad. I swear! Anyways, Brad (yeah, we're on first name basis here) being the deliciously hot social activist that he is, says that he won't be marrying Angelina Jolie until the retrictions on who can marry whom are dropped. He was quoted saying,

"Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able."

But really, the article never really said what the restrictions were. Ok my point is, other than the fact that it's a saturday morning and I'm at work and I'm at my lamest, what's wrong with Brad? What is Brad trying to get out of this? I think it's just an excuse cos he probably really doesnt wanna marry domineering Angie. Does he really think the govt would change the law because of him? "Oh no, we really want to see you and Angie get married, Brad so we'll lift the laws up just for you. Thanks for fighting so hard for the cause... Go on... Get married now, you two..."

I really dont get it.Why Brad, why???? Kenapa....?

Anyways, today will be an awesome night. Our friend, Firdaus suka haus, will be celebrating his birthday at MoS. Pre-party at Harry's (the residence, not the pub) so it's like lutfi's farewell all over again. But I guess not as elaborated and there'll be missing faces, sadly but whateverly.

I hate working on Saturdays.

It's a bloody ways of time. Everybody's just killing time. 5 colleagues are msning right now, one updating friendster, one playing with ring tones, the ones without internet access are playing minesweep and I'm blogging. That's what we're getting paid to do, I guess. Kill time. We're professional timekillers. I'm an executive timekiller. It's a good deal though, if u think about it. We do less hours than 5 day-working people on the weekdays, and we come alternate saturdays and just kill time. Ok. I take that back. It is a good deal.

I love working on Saturdays.

Oh speaking of friends (were we even speaking about friends?), I found this quote and since I'm so lame this morning, I'll end this blog with this quote:

"Forsake not an old friend; for the new is not comparable to him: a new friend is as new wine; when it is old, thou shalt drink it with pleasure."
- Apocrypha (whoever this dude or dudette is)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home